The NCTC is following guidance in accordance with the DOI Workplace Safety Plan and CDC recommendations.
NCTC is committed to the safety of our staff, contractors, students, and all guests. We are updating this page as needed to ensure all who visit our campus know about the policies we have in place to manage operations with your safety in mind.
UPDATED Vaccination and Masking Information
When visiting NCTC as with other public places an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other viruses exists. NCTC is following CDC’s mask guidance and agency protocols for in-person gatherings, which connect COVID-19 community levels with local hospitalization and intensive care capacity and transmission rates. To see the status at NCTC, search for Jefferson County, West Virginia, here. On campus, NCTC signage reflects the current COVID community level as one of the following:
|Community-Level Risk||Required Protocol|
Health on Campus
Please do not travel to NCTC if you are currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms; if you have been exposed to COVID-19; or you have been ill within 10 days of your course. If you begin to experience COVID-related symptoms [Symptoms of COVID-19 | CDC] while on campus, NCTC has testing and quarantine support on campus. Your first step is to quarantine and then inform your course leader or event coordinator who will provide further direction.
Rapid tests will be available on-site.
Basic cold and flu medicines will be available at our sundry shop.
NCTC can assist COVID-positive individuals unable to travel by providing a quarantine area.
NCTC has a nurse on-site. Services include:
Facilitating Covid-19 testing for symptomatic students and guests;
Providing immediate care for illness and injury;
Initiating contact tracing with suspected cases of Covid-19 to identify people who may have been exposed; and
Coordinating with local health authorities as needed.
If you begin to experience COVID-related symptoms while on campus, your first step is to quarantine and then inform your course leader or event coordinator who will provide further direction. Please ensure you bring enough personal clothing and supplies (e.g. prescription medications) to last through a complete isolation period (up to 10 days if symptoms persist), just in case you are infected with COVID-19 while you are visiting.
Steps We're Taking to Protect You
NCTC has put in place various COVID-19 mitigation measures across campus. These mitigation measures are similar to what you are currently experiencing in your state or jurisdiction. NCTC will encourage priority behavior practices daily on the NCTC campus as follows:
- Frequently washing hands or the use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying at home when sick, or in other words, not making the trip to NCTC.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Conducting daily self-checks for COVID-19 symptoms.
NCTC is minimizing the number of people on campus. Currently, the NCTC campus is restricted to the following:
- NCTC staff and contractors.
- Participants enrolled in scheduled classes or events.
- Personnel with official appointments (i.e. meetings with NCTC staff).
- Parents and their children who attend the daycare.
Lodge rooms will be cleaned daily unless you request service less frequently.
- Options and preferences will be communicated at check-in.
- Extra towels and toilet paper will be staged in the guest rooms.
- Guests will have the option of contacting the Front Desk with any concerns or need.
- Trash will be collected daily.
- Room doors will be sealed after Housekeeping has serviced each room.
- Glasses, cups, ice buckets, and ice bucket trays will remain in the rooms.
In the Servery:
- NCTC will have additional grab-and-go options to include:
- “House” salads – simple tossed salad in addition to the usual Entrée salads;
- Prepackaged “Lunchable”- type provisions.
- Plexiglass guards are located at the cashier stations and all self-serve stations.
- Touchpoints will be cleaned frequently.
In the Dining Hall:
- Additional casual seating is available on the 1st floor of Commons in the Lounge and Roosevelt Room.
- Salt and pepper packets will now be available at the condiment station.
- Cleaning supplies including disinfectant wipes will be available in each classroom.
- Classrooms will be cleaned/disinfected three times a day.
- Classrooms will be disinfected using electrostatic sprayers on a quarterly basis.
- Cleaning supplies are available at the break alcoves.
- Touchpoints will be cleaned frequently.
Restrooms will have posted capacity limits and will be cleaned frequently.
Physical Training Building (Gym):
- Instituted quarterly electrostatic spraying of entire facility;
- Daily electrostatic spraying of weight/cardio room equipment; and
- Cleaning supplies available in weight/cardio room.
- Prewrapped snacks will be available.
Shuttles will be provided as normal.
Questions can be directed to the NCTC Front Desk at 304-876-1600.