The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.

  • Special Use Permits (SUP)

    These permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    The Caddo Lake National Wildlife Refuge issues the following Special Use Permits:
       Research and Monitoring SUP
       General SUP
       Commercial SUP

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for more information on Special Use Permits. Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.