Law Enforcement

Law Enforcement

To report injured wildlife, contact the Center for Wildlife in York, Maine, at (207) 361 -1400. 

To report wildlife crimes to a refuge law enforcement officer, call (207) 646-9226, ext. 29, or (207) 251-0965. Please leave a message if there is no answer. 

Witnesses are indispensable allies. But remember--your safety comes first.

If possible, record the following: 

  • Description of persons involved (hair color/style, complexion, height, build, and clothing)
  • License plates and description of vehicles involved
  • Time, date, and location of the incident
  • What specifically occurred?