The goal of the FWS Privacy program is to ensure that all Personally Identifiable Information (PII) entrusted to the Service from members of the public, project partners, and personnel is protected and handled according to the Fair Information Practice Principles upon which the Privacy Act and other privacy legislation is based.
What We Do
- Coordinates the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA);
- Coordinates the completion of Privacy Act requests;
- Prepares Privacy Act reports on behalf of the Service;
- Coordinates the establishment of new systems of records and the revisions to existing systems; and
- Reviews Privacy Act systems within the Service.