Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Contact Station: 1040 Matunuck Schoolhouse Road, South Kingstown, RI 02879
The Trustom Pond Contact Station is open based on availability of volunteers available to staff the station. Sometimes our volunteers will be out on the trails to assist our visitors, and the contact station may be temporarily closed while they are away. The trails and platforms are always open during daylight hours, regardless of whether the contact station is open or not.
All restrooms, the Contact Center and most viewing platforms and trails are wheelchair and stroller accessible. Here at Trustom Pond NWR, the platforms at Otter Point and Farm Pond are barrier free, but the platform at Osprey Point has a short set of stairs.
Take a hike in this captivating coastal refuge that includes 787 acres of various wildlife habitats including fields, shrublands, woodlands, fresh and saltwater ponds and sandy beaches and dunes.
Rules and Policies
- The refuge is open from sunrise until sunset. Please stay on designated trails.
- There are no picnic areas or campsites on the refuge. Fires are not allowed.
- Dogs, horses and other pets are not permitted.
- Bicycles and roller blades are not permitted.
- Kite flying is not permitted. During bird nesting season, kites resemble larger birds that could prey on young chicks. This can frighten adult birds potentially causing them to abandon their nests.
- The disturbance, destruction, or removal of wildlife, vegetation, and facilities are prohibited.
- Additional regulations may be in effect. Please contact the Refuge Headquarters for more information.