TN's Jr. Duck Stamp Art Contest
We encourage educators, youth leaders, and scout leaders to consider the Jr. Duck Stamp Art Contest. It provides a science-based arts curriculum that emphasizes conservation of wetlands and waterfowl for students in grades K-12.
When students submit an entry in the Tennessee competition, they have the chance to win some great prizes and even attend an awards ceremony at the Discovery Park of America in Union City, TN.
Any child in grades K-12 in Tennessee can participate.
• Every entry will receive a Certificate of Participation.
• 100 Tennessee students (25 in each grade group) receive beautiful first, second, third, or honorable mention ribbons (groups are K-3, 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12).
• 36 first, second and third place winners will receive special engraved Junior Duck Stamp plaques.
• The Tennessee Best of Show winner receives a $1,000 college scholarship, a framed Federal Duck Stamp print, and their artwork on the state waterfowl stamp.
• The Tennessee Best of Show will go on to compete in the national Junior Duck Stamp contest.
TN has one of the most successful and prestigious Jr. Duck Stamp Programs in the nation, mostly due to our great partners, which are listed below. Please take time to check out their websites!
You can discover more by watching the video's below.
Tennessee Jr. Duck Stamp Waterfowl Passport - Activity Packet!
How to Draw a Duck - (advanced)
How To Draw A Duck - (beginners)
Contact Tara Dowdy, Tennessee Jr. Duck Stamp Coordinator, at 731-538-2481.