Department of the Interior employees with little to moderate experience in designing and delivering webinars.
Summary and Objective:
Providing effective webinars is more than just lecturing with PowerPoint slides. Effective webinars require a good design that includes a needs analysis, objectives, and an outline; and a delivery that includes impactful visuals, engaging techniques, helpful support materials, and evaluation. This course will provide participants with a ten- step method and many useful tips for designing and delivering effective webinars that not only inform, but also engage and inspire. How the course works - This course consists of four 2.5-hour online instruction sessions with additional intersession work. The first two sessions include engaging instruction by the instructor along with time for participants to work on activities for a team webinar. The third session provides time for participants to work on their team webinar while receiving instructor feedback. The fourth session is when participants in teams will present their webinars to their fellow participants. Participants may need to take additional time outside of class to work on their team webinar.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the need for and the constraints of providing webinars for their audiences.
- Design webinars that encourage engagement and application of the subject material that is presented.
- Deliver engaging webinars using Microsoft Teams.
- Create enhanced participant materials.
- Evaluate webinars for effectiveness.