Experienced ArcGIS Pro users who want to learn intermediate applications.
Summary and Objectives:
This online course covers fundamental constructs of the Python programming language and how to apply these skills to automating your geoprocessing tasks in ArcGIS Pro. After covering the basics of the Python language, you'll learn how to use a variety of development environments for Python, learn how to execute geoprocessing tools from scripts, and use the arcpy mapping module to manipulate projects, maps, layouts, and the data within these structures. Finally, you'll learn how to programmatically select features and attributes. This course will be delivered online with live instruction during the times posted. Class time will be dedicated to presentations, software demonstrations, student practice and exercise work, and opportunities for Q & A. There is no prework; however, students should be prepared to dedicate up to 1 hour outside of posted class times to complete individual exercise work.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use Python programming language including variables, data types, statements, functions, and error handling.
- Use a variety of programming tools for writing, testing, and debugging code including PyCharm, ArcGIS Pro Python Window, and ArcGIS Pro Notebooks.
- Execute geoprocessing tools from a Python script using arcpy.
- Use the arcpy mapping module to programmatically manage projects, maps, layouts, and the data within these contexts.
- Use the arcpy mapping module to automate map creation and production.
- Programmatically select feature and attributes
GIS INTRODUCTION - ARCGIS PRO