Employees who want to proactively develop their leadership capacity.
Summary and Objectives:
This course focuses on individual and interpersonal leadership skills. Emphasis is on developing competencies such as curiosity, reflection, networking and continual learning. It introduces learners to Adaptive Leadership, which is integral to USFWS' competitive leadership programs. The prework includes an on-line strengths assessment and analysis of those results. This virtual course requires a commitment of two two-hour sessions daily, with each day including a large group webinar, individual assignments, and small group discussions and activities.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe leadership and its critical role to conversation.
- Leverage your talents and strengths.
- Form partnerships that capitalize on complementary strengths.
- Create questions that promote discovery.
- Listen mindfully.
- Experiment with new ways of doing things.
- Apply tools and processes to broaden your perspective.
- Use feedback and reflection to improve.
- Develop a personalized learning and action plan.
Accessibility, Self-Management, Vision, Interpersonal Skills, Interpersonal Dynamic, Situational Awareness, Communication, Communication Approaches, Listening, Personnel Assessment