Summary and Objectives:
This training is designed to develop the community engagement and cultural competency skills of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service employees and partners at urban field stations. Participants will be provided the tools, techniques, lessons learned, and support to develop, maintain, and grow their relationships with urban communities.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List at least three new tools/resources that are available to them and beneficial to their site.
- Adopt/adapt at least one new idea and/or technique for their site to improve implementation of the Standards of Excellence and strengthen community engagement.
- Demonstrate a higher level of cultural competency.
- Explain how the Urban Wildlife Conservation Program is addressing the mission and current priorities of the Service and partner organizations.
- Share their experiences and best practices on an ongoing basis.