Ideal for supervisors and leaders who have responsibilities to get work accomplished with others. Also, for any employee who wants to improve their two-way communication skills as they strive for excellence in the workplace.
Summary and Objectives:
Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue (12.5-hour) is an online course. Whenever you're not getting the results you want, it's likely an important conversation either hasn't happened or hasn't been handled well. In fact, both individual and organizational success are largely determined by how quickly, directly, and effectively we speak up when it matters most. At the heart of healthy and high-performance organizations are people willing and able to hold Crucial Conversations. A certified instructor guides participants through engaging video examples, dynamic group discussions, and interactive practice sessions over five consecutive days in one 2.5-hour session each day.
Upon completion of this online course, participants will be able to:
- Identify problems contributing to poor results and broken relationships.
- Keep composure when feeling angry, defensive, or intimidated.
- Identify victim, villain, and helpless stories you might be telling yourself to justify behavior.
- Consider others' perspectives and assume they have good reasons before speaking up.
- Speak honestly and respectfully.
- Recognize when you're at cross-purpose and take steps to rebuild safety and return to dialogue.
- Recognize when you're at cross-purpose and take steps to rebuild safety and return.
- Spot the warning signs that indicate safety and dialogue are at risk.
- Seek a purpose that both parties are committed to.
- Find common ground.
- Bring people back into dialogue when they clam up or blow up.
- Turn each Crucial Conversation into a course of action that leads to results.