NOTE: The MOCC - Non-Motorized Module is scheduled through the Regional Watercraft Safety Coordinators. VIEW CLASS DATES/LOCATIONS and the contact person for your region. DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THROUGH DOI TALENT FOR THIS COURSE TARGET.
Any person operating non-motorized Service watercraft.
Summary and Objectives:
The NMM minimum standards are for introductory courses on the safe operation of non-motorized watercraft. Since water conditions and boat-types vary widely, NMM's can be tailored to the conditions and boats the operator is expected to encounter on the job. Completion of the MOCC is not a prerequisite for the NMM.
Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Describe water dynamics and explain how it will affect non-motorized watercraft.
- Discuss non-motorized watercraft, their applications, and maintenance requirements.
- Provide operators with practical safety training pertinent to the watercraft and environmental conditions in which the watercraft is operated.
- Discuss the safety factors to consider when operating non-motorized watercraft.
- Avoid common problems encountered on water, and practice how to deal with them if not avoided.
- Perform common maneuvers & emergency procedures in non-motorized watercraft.